Change the default sound device in
Windows with a simple Desktop Gadget!
Change the default sound device in Windows 7 / Vista with just one click.
If you have more than one sound device connected to your desktop
(ex.: Headphones and Speakers) and you need to switch between them this gadget will help you a lot. I created this because it's really annoying to go to "ControlPanel>Sound>Select Device>Set as default" every time you want to change the the audio device.
How it works?
Default Sound Gadget it's a simple to use software.
1 - Set the device 1 as the default device for audio reproduction.
2 - Set the device 2 as the default device for audio reproduction.
3 - Open sound preferences from the control panel .
4 - Open gadget settings.
5 - Close the gadget.
Due to a smart feature, when you change the default device it wont change the default communication device.
Check the step by step installation page for more help
- Download Default Sound Gadget;
- Run the installer "DefaultSound_X.X.exe";
- Right click in your desktop and select "Gadgets";
- Find the Default Sound Gadget then double click it;
- Click on settings then configuration
- Type the name of your devices the hit save;
- Does it slow down my computer?No it does not because the gadget only runs when its clicked, there isn't a recurrent process or service except the windows sidebar;
- How can I configure the gadget?See the help page;
- It will change the default communication device? How to change it?No it will only change the default reproduction device, to change the communication device go to sound preferences (+ icon);
- How can I change the icons of the devices?Soon ill be releasing icon packs, for now you can edit the .png's in the installation folder;
- Can I edit the code?No, Contact me first!
- How do I uninstall completely the gadget?
CONTACT / SUPPORT / BUG REPOR --- Click here